Kona History and Culture - 5 Hours
Besides the surf and sand, Hawaii is full of history and there's no better place to learn than a Kona history tour. There’s so much more to the Big Island of Hawaii than waterfalls and luaus, learn about the Kona region on this in-depth informative tour. Ancient Hawaiians used Kona, on the island of Hawaii, as the main capital city during the reign of King Kamehameha the Great. This makes Kona an area rich with Hawaiian folklore and stories. Our cultural guides with take you on an adventure around Kona. Learn and experience everything from land divisions, ancient fishponds, Heiau-temples, and royal palaces, we will take you on a journey through this historic area. Learn about the deep history of Hawaii with a SpeediShuttle Kona tour!
The Kona cultural tour wraps up with the Royal Palace, Hulihe’e. This was the the royal retreat for the Ali’I, Chiefs and Chiefess, of old Hawaii. The Palace features beautiful koa wood furniture, ornaments, portraits, kapa, feather work, Hawaiian quilts and artifacts from Hawai‘i’s royal past.
Explore the Kailua-Kona coastline and relive of the ways of old on this Kona adventure!
Kona Tour Itinerary
- Hotel pickup and return from Kona hotels and Hualalai, Keauhou, Waikoloa, Mauna Lani and Mauna Kea
- Visit Pu’uhonua ‘O Honaunau, a place of refuge
- Observe ancient Hawaiian Heiau-temples such as Ku’emanu and Ahu’ena
- Lekeleke burial grounds and the story of the Ai Kapu
- Take in the beauty of Hulihee’e Royal Palace
What to bring:
- Sunscreen, Hat, and Sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Extra pair of Slipper/Flip Flops
- Extra change of clothes
- Bring a water bottle
- Adult: $145.12
- Child: $129.07 (Children 2-11 years old)
North Kona Departures
- 7:55 AM (Approx Return 3:45 PM)
- 7:30 AM (Approx Return 3:05 PM)
Learn about the history and folklore of Hawaii, and book this Kona Tour today!